TikTok is always adding new settings, and one of them is one you must enable. It’s a crucial security feature that prevents others from discovering your account. Not everyone wants to be famous on TikTok; perhaps you simply want to scroll through a never-ending reel of humorous videos.
We frequently send out links to other individuals, highlighting particularly amazing TikTok videos. These TikTok connections, on the other hand, are tied to your account and are unique to your profile.
See Also: How To Choose The Best Tags For TikTok
When a link is shared, it remains linked to your original account. One issue that may develop is that when someone visits the link, the app may propose your account profile to them. This is true even if you sent the URL to someone else over WhatsApp or iMessage.
It implies that others may find out about your TikTok account, which you’d like to keep hidden. Friends or family members may be able to access the profile by clicking on a link you’ve shared. Thankfully, there is a way to completely prevent this from happening.
How to prevent TikTok from disclosing your account via links
- First, make sure you’re running TikTok’s most recent version.
- Then go to your Profile and press the three horizontal bars in the corner to access your Settings.
- Then, under the Account area, go to Privacy, and then to Discoverability, which should be at the top.
- Toggle a list of toggle-able options by tapping on Suggest Your Account To Others.
- You wish to disable people who open or send you links.
This will prevent anyone from finding your profile who has followed your links. It also implies that if you open a link supplied by someone else, your profile will not be revealed.