Although Google is used for more than 93 percent of web searches in the United States, Windows 11 defaults to Microsoft’s Bing search engine. It’s simple to make Google search the default if you like the results provided by Google’s search engine. We’ll show you how to do it.
Windows 11 doesn’t allow you to set a default web crawler systemwide across all programs, in any case. It’s simple enough to set for everyone, however, including Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. What’s more, on the off chance that you like to look through utilizing Yahoo or DuckDuckGo – even Amazon or eBay if your inquiries are for things you’re looking for – you can set one of those, as well.
Here are how to change your default web search tool in Windows 11. For erring on Microsoft’s new OS, this is what has changed since Windows 10, what we wished had been incorporated, and how you’ll get the new OS.
Microsoft Edge: How to change the default search engine
In Windows 11, the default browser is Edge. Here’s how to change Microsoft’s browser’s default search engine.
1. Select Settings from the “Settings and more” menu in the top-right corner of Edge.
2. Select Privacy, Search, and Services from the left-hand menu.
3. Scroll down to the Services section and select Address bar and search near the bottom. In the drop-down menu to one side of the “Web index utilized in the address bar,” pick the internet searcher you need to utilize.
4. On the off chance that you don’t discover the web crawler you’re searching for in the rundown, pick Manage web indexes and afterward tap the Add button in the upper-right corner to add the one you need.
Google Chrome: How to change the default search engine
You don’t have to utilize Edge in Windows 11 obviously (assuming you need to change to another program, we cover that beneath). Here’s how to change the default internet searcher in Google internet browser.
1. In Chrome, from the “Alter and control” menu in the upper right corner, pick Settings.
2. Over on the left, pick Search motor.
3. In the Search motor area, utilize the drop-down menu to one side of the “Web search tool utilized in the location bar” to set your default internet searcher.
4. You can deal with the web search tools Chrome utilizes in the segment directly underneath, in Manage web crawlers.