PlayStation has made it convenient for people with no proper set-up and with no high-end resolution TVs to play games with the help of a unique feature called “Remote Play”. It is an application that a gamer can download on any of his devices and shift to that particular device for playing games. However, before doing so the gamer must keep the following requirements in mind, which are necessary for him to enjoy this feature:
- The internet network cable preferably should be LAN.
- Internet network used in the system (console) and used in the device must be the same.
- The internet network must be broadband, as mobile data does not work with PlayStation games.
- The gamer must have a PlayStation Network account (PSN).
- After determining the above requirements, the gamer can move on to setting up the device for playing PlayStation games.
PlayStation Games on a Smartphone:
To be able to play PlayStation games on a Smartphone, whether running on Android or iOS, the gamer needs to do the following:
- First of all, the gamer would install the “Remote Play” application from either the Google play store or from the App store on his Smartphone.
- Then, he would come across a page asking him to sign up using the email ID he used to sign up on his PlayStation.
- Next, he would move to the console to enable the Remote Play option by going in to the Settings, select the “Remote Play Connection Settings”, and then check the “Enable Remote Play” option.
- At the end of the enabling process, he would be given an eight-digit code, which he would insert in the application in his Smartphone to register.
- At last, he would be able to see the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 games streaming on his phone, as long as the Wi-Fi network is the same.
PlayStation Games on a Computer:
- To be able to play PlayStation games on a computer, whether running on Windows or Mac, the gamer needs to implement some steps. However, before doing anything he must make sure that his computer (OS) has Windows 10, the latest processor, storage space of at least 100 MB, RAM of at least 2 GB, 1024 x 768 or higher resolution, sound card and a USB port.
- First of all, the gamer would go to his browser and search for the application “Remote Play”.
- Upon reaching the app, he would click it open, scroll down, and select the option “Windows PC and Mac download” to download the application.
- At the end of the download process, the file is ready to install on the computer.
- After installing the application on his computer, the gamer would enable the “Remote Play” option on his console of either PS 4 OR PS 5 by going over to the Settings.
- Then he would open the app on his computer, enter his PSN account details, and select his console.
- After selecting the console, the gamer would log in his details of the console he selected, after which he would be able to see the PS games streaming on his computer.