USBs are a perfect portable solution for storing a vast amount of data, but sometimes due to some known and unknown reasons they can get corrupted and deprive the users of accessing the files stored in it.
Following are the three different methods people can use to repair their USBs and recover data from them:
1. By fixing the File System in the USB:
Sometimes, due to the errors in the file system of the USB the files stored in it get corrupted or lost. To restore them on Windows 10, the user can follow these steps:
- The user would go to the “The PC” folder, then he would right-click on the corrupted USB Drive, and further click on “Properties”.
- From there he would select the tab “Tools”, and then select the option “Check now”.
- Then the user would mark both the boxes “Automatically fix file system errors”, and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” with checks.
- Lastly, the user would click on the tab “Start” to initiate the scanning process and then press the tab “Close” when the process ends.
The systems which are running on previous versions of windows need to follow these steps:
- The user would go to the folder “My Computer”, and then he would right-click on the corrupted USB Drive, and select “Properties” from there.
- Next, he would select the option “Tools”, and then press on the option “Rebuild”.
- Then the scanning process will be initiated at the end of which the user would click on the tab “Close”.
- Lastly, the user would unplug the USB carefully by using the “Safely Remove” Option.
Here are the 5 Books You Have To Read Before You Die
2. By Taking Help From the Command Prompt (CMD):
Another efficient method to recover the data from a corrupted USB is by using the card Prompt method. For this, the user can implement the following steps:
- First of all, the user would plug in the USB and then press the button “Windows” on his keyboard.
- Then he would type in “CMD’ in the box “Type Here to Search”, and click on the application: Command Prompt.
- Then the user would copy-paste “chkdsk G: /f in the Command Prompt window where he would replace the letter “G” with the letter he has assigned to his USB drive in his computer.
- The user would unplug the USB from his computer by using the “Safely Remove” option when the process ends.
3. By Taking Help From the Data Recovering Software:
Another effective method people can use to recover their lost data from corrupted USBs is by using the software and programs designed specifically for recovering the data from their corrupted Flash Drives. There are many programs and software which can help people in this, such as Remo Recover for Hard Drives, Disk Drills, Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Puran File Recover, and many others. All the user needs to do is download and install the software and then launch it in the system to allow it to perform its functions.