Sony is deploying a new PlayStation 5 system update beta ( PS4 firm update ). The updates are about new features, User Interface enhancements, new Party Chat Options, and accessibility features. Unfortunately, there’s again no mention of Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) support for Sony’s next-gen console. Sony promised that support for VRR would be added upon the launch of the console back in November of 2020. In addition to the new PS5 firmware update, Sony is also rolling out a new PS4 system update with the community-requested Open Parties feature.
In response to community feedback, we’ve made some updates to the Parties system:
· Open and Closed Parties (PS5 and PS4 betas)
· You can now select either an open party or a close party:
Also Read: Google Chrome Finally Changes Its Logo After 8 Years
o Your friends can see and join the party without a link.
· Closed party is only for players you invite.
· Voice chat reporting feature update (PS5 beta)
o Supports visual indicators to identify who was speaking
· Share Play update (PS5 beta)
o Start Share Play directly from the voice chat card.
· Voice chat volume (PS4 beta)
o Individually adjustable chat voice of each player
PS5 Game Base Enhancements
· Game menu in three tabs, Friends, Parties and Messages.
· From the Game Base control menu and cards, you can now:
o View all friends and add friends to the group.
· Visual icons of another party screen
· Decline friend request
New PS5 UI Features
· Filter by genre
o Option to filter your game collection
· Keep in Home
o Maximum 5 games and apps on each home screen
· Increased apps on the home screen up to 14
· Trophies UI update
· Start Share Screen from the Create menu
New Accessibility Features
· More Screen Reader languages
· Mono audio for headphones
· Checkmarks for enabled settings
Voice Command (Preview): U.S. and U.K. limited release
· Testing feature in US and UK, enables finding games, apps
· Voice Command for Tv shows or Songs.
· You can help us improve the features through our feedback program.